Krista's Story

Please click here to read about Krista's wonderful life.......

Friday, July 2, 2010

To My Sister- I know you are with me


My Sister--I Miss You 

(This is what Amber presented at Krista's  memorial service.)



I have had the honor of being Krista’s sister. 
 The memories that we have shared have been diverse in their nature.
 Some have been life altering in magnitude and others purely innocent. 
 It is however the ones that, at the time seem insignificant and unmemorable, that will be the most
powerful. 
 I will forever cherish the summer cookouts,
 relaxing on the beach,
 shopping on Saturdays
shopping on Sundays,
 hanging out at the gym.
 These are the times when sisters are more than sisters , they are BEST  friends. 
 Some of our deepest conversations revolved around nothing at all, I will miss these simple times. 
 Quite often during our talks she would sometimes outburst and say “your not listening to me!” 
 Well Krista,  you will be pleased to know, I heard every word and I will remember them for the rest of
my life.
I am very proud of  you Krista.  In a life cut short you accomplished so much and taught me so many
lessons.  To me you are the symbol of strength and persistence.
 I have always been inspired by Krista’s ability to follow her dreams and aspirations regardless of the
situation, obstacles, or naysayers.  
She had big dreams
And a big heart to follow them
I’d like to use some words from one of Krista’s favorite musicals - Mary Poppins

Anything can happen when you let it….
if reach for the stars all you get are the stars 
but we’ve found a whole new spin
 If you reach for the heavens you get the stars thrown in. 
Anything can happen if you let it. 
Life is out there waiting so go and get it!
Krista didn’t aim for the stars, she aimed for the heavens
That’s a powerful lesson

Krista, I will miss you so very very much.  
But I know I don’t have to go too far to find you. 
 All I need to do is look around and I will be reminded of your spirit. 
 Whether it’s a fancy shoe in a shop window,
 the sand beneath my feet,
A song bird in a tree
 or a deep look inside myself
 I know that you are with me.

Love U!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words! Krista and Brendan and the rest of the family are so grateful for all of the love and support that is being shown. Thank you.